TTCN-3 is a standardized technology for test automation and a language for the specification of exchangeable software tests. It was designed by the European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI). In the OT3-Project, Fraunhofer FOKUS has made available an open source implementation of language and of execution interface as well as execution environment.
TTCN-3's open source implementation is based on Java and can also be used for the eclipse platform. It contains application examples for Android.
- The OT3 project's developments in detail:
- Eclipse based TTCN-3 editor (error detection during data input, syntax coloring, outlining) with an integrated compiler (target language Java)
- TTCN-3 execution environment (implements TRI/TCI standard)
- TTCN-3 test manager (can be started from eclipse and as stand-alone tool, implements TM standard)
- Application examples: SUT CoffeeServer, tester as CoffeeClient, which is also available for Android